Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Monday, September 20, 2010

My Life Be Like Ooh Ahh

So can we discuss how everything changes? I guess that is what makes life so..... unpredictable. You go through your childhood worrying about what kind of trendy toys are out there and imagine yourself as a princess, warrior, musician, athlete, or jedi (in my case). Then there are the teens.....Oh those teen years....How I remember them well. In these stressful, dramatic times, you are faced with that lovely, yet so shitty thing called puberty, crushes, thinking that you are in love but really aren't, and cliques and bitches. After these years, there are those college days. This is the time where you are faced with multitasking between your social life (aka parties) and school work. In my opinion, and I speak from experience (having lived through childhood and the teen years), the college years is where change mainly takes place. At least for me anyways. On weekends I now work, study, and sometimes....if I'm lucky get to go out with friends. To be quite truthful, I don't want petty drama in my life. I hate how even now, in this small, butt sucking town, even at 20 years old, I am still faced with drama. People that used to like each other and what not now get annoyed with each other, and no one ever does anything anymore. You can say that I am not practical and I am wishful thinking, or I'm not one with reality, but can you blame me? Can you blame me for wishing that things were all the same?

When I was younger, my brother once taught me a good, but sad life lesson. He told me that as you get older, and graduate high school, you will drift from some of your closest friends. It never really hit me until just recently, when I was looking at old photos from circa 2008 (inside joke) with a group of friends hanging out at a memorial, park, train station, etc. enjoying life and not knowing where life would take us. I know that that was the past, and that things change....and even though that group of friends may not be as close as they were, they all look back on those memories and remember all the good times that they've had. I didn't write this blog to offend or upset anyone, I wrote this blog to let my friends know that I love them and I miss them. No matter what happens, or if you are different from a friend, and don't see eye to eye, they are still your friend and they'd do anything for you.

"The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment